Before the whitening session :
- The teeth must be very clean.
- Bleaching is ideally done a few days after the cleansing session.
- Brushing must be adequate. No deposit of plaque on the teeth, and the gums not inflamed.
- If you have sensitive teeth, it would be better to use a Sensodyne toothpaste for several days before your appointment.
- Take 2 Tylenols 500mg or 3 Advil 200mg at least one hour before your appointment.
After the whitening treatment:
- Dental sensitivities may persist for a few hours. It would be advisable to take another dose of Tylenol or Advil, 6 hours after the first dose.
- Use the desensitizing product with the gutter for a few hours.
- Continue to use desensitizing toothpastes.
- The gum may be slightly irritated in some places for 2 or 3 days.
- Continue your whitening treatment with the gutters in the days that follow.
- Avoid the use of strongly coloring substances during the whitening treatment.
- Discontinue treatment if symptoms of allergy occur or in pregnancy.
Useful information for patients